Dancing Lotus Center 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training
Barbara Denowh and Caitlin McWilliams combine their extensive knowledge of yoga through applied anatomy, biomechanics, sustainable practice, philosophy, mental wellness and class construction. This is an opportunity to both deepen your personal knowledge of yoga beyond the asana as well as set yourself up to pursue teaching with a rock solid foundation of yoga as a whole.
The 2017 is under way. Do you have interest in the 2018 training? Check back here, or send us an email to: [email protected]
- A training challenging the standard script. This training will challenge the standard script of yoga teaching by creating your capacity to teach rooted in your intimate knowledge of your own practice from the inside, out.
- Strong lead teachers representing both the physical and mental benefits of yoga. The lead teachers deftly bring together the physical and mental focus of yoga through their individual and extensive exploration and training in these two sides of the same coin.
- An intimate setting. We are keeping this training small so we can make sure that each trainee gets the time and attention they deserve in this process.
When you have completed this training you will:
- Know how to develop and sustain a life long personal practice
- Have an in-depth understanding of yoga philosophy
- Be able to apply the wisdom of yoga both on and off the mat
- Have a deeper understanding of yoga philosophy applied to mental wellness and the asanas that support emotional balance.
- Have an understanding of actual ranges of motion and how to apply that to asana
- Have the ability to recognize and adapt movement patterns and compensatory behaviors
- Have a basic understanding of biomechanic principles and their application in asana
- Gain a foundational understanding of human anatomy as applied to asana
- Be able to bring Yoga to vulnerable populations
- Have knowledge of Yoga for a variety of bodies
- Be connected to a community of committed yoga nerds
- Have experiential knowledge of how to lead a class thoughtfully, safely and authentically.
- Have extensive practice teaching
- The ability to cue safe movement through voice and demonstration
- An understanding of clear professional boundaries to create a safe environment for yourself and your students
Here is the schedule!
+The training will meet once a month starting in May and ending in November 2017
+ The training and classes will all take place at Dancing Lotus Center in Helena, Montana
- Opening Intensive: May 3 – 7th 2017
- Module 1: June 23 – 25th 2017
- Module 2: July 14 – 16th 2017
- Module 3: Aug 25 – 27th 2017
- Module 4: Sept 22 – 24th 2017
- Module 5: Oct 20 – 22nd 2017
- Closing Intensive: Nov 15 – 19th 2017
- Wednesday 4 – 8 PM
- Thursday 7 AM-8 PM
- Friday 8 AM – 8 PM
- Saturday 8 AM – 8 PM
- Sunday 8 AM – 5 PM
- Friday 4 – 8 PM
- Saturday 8 AM – 7 PM
- Sunday 8 AM – 3:30 PM
2017 Training Tuition:
Cost for the full training is $2,500
Tuition can be paid in full or by using the deposit and payment options below.
Writing a check allows us to avoid high credit card swipe fees and put more resources into materials for the training. Thank you for helping us make this training as outstanding as possible!
$250 before March 1 2017 (non-refundable)
Checks are preferred and can be mailed to:
DLC Teacher Training
40 N. Last Chance Gulch
Helena, MT 59601
A Little More About the Instructors
Barbara has been an active practitioner of yoga and meditation for 16 years. She has been teaching yoga in Helena for 9 years and owned a popular $5 studio. Barbara loves to play with functional and natural movement within the framework of a flow yoga practice. Using biomechanic principles to challenge the traditional yoga “script”, she aims to create a sustainable, life long practice for herself and her students. Classes include gentle movement, flow, supported poses, and meditation. Be prepared for a challenging class, in body and mind, to uncover your movement behaviors.
Through physical movement and awareness of breath, we can heal, break unhealthy habits and bring balance to our asymmetrical lives, bodies and minds. Caitlin’s classes are rooted in this deep-hearted belief with a touch of lila (lightness) to complement the deeper inquiry. Out of the studio, Caitlin is currently pursuing Yoga Therapy and also provides Trauma Sensitive Yoga, Yoga for Anxiety and Yoga for Depression as group series. Caitlin has practiced yoga for over ten years and is a RYT with a 200 hour certification from Flow Yoga Center. She completed the Street Yoga teaching certification in 2009, Yin Yoga certification in 2010, Thai Yoga Therapy certification in 2011, Reiki I and II, Restorative and Yoga Nidra trainings in 2013. She continues to happily follow her path of discovering yoga for mental health well-being.